If you are suffering a power outage, follow these steps to get your lights on again.
- Check your neighbors to see if they are experiencing a power outage too, or is it only your house is affected.
- If only your lights are out, check your circuit breakers or fuses. Try repairing the fuse or resetting the circuit breakers.
- If the breakers won’t reset or the fuse blows again, try unplugging all the sockets. Don’t forget those hard to get to ones such as the fridge or dishwasher.
- Once everything is unplugged, try and reset the breaker or fuse.
- If this works you can isolate the source of the problem by plugging in an appliance until you find the appliance causing the problem.
- If after you have unplugged and plugged in all the appliances and the breaker or fuse won’t reset just call us on our 24hour number 9379 9000.
- If no breaker is tripped or fuse is blown, the problem may be in the connection between our wires and your home. Report your power outage using the following method:
- Call Western Power Faults on 13135